Tuesday, February 8, 2011

burnin' yoga!

During those chilly winter months, I find inspiration for exercising at a minimum. Today, with the windchill, it was -21 degrees out there. I am not running in that, thank you very much. I'm not suicidal. But I didn't really want to do the kickboxing workout again, since I'm still sore from yesterday.

So what's a gentler, kinder, warmer workout you can do?
Hello, yoga/pilates. It steps up the intensity of the workout just a little bit, while still maintaining the integrity of yoga and the breathing postures. Here's a link to a pretty good set of videos. You might want to watch all the videos through once, then connect them into a sequence for a smooth yoga practice that combines elements of pilates. Easily worth a few calories!

No comments:

Post a Comment