Thursday, March 8, 2012

Domesticity at its best

Well helloooo, everyone! How have you been? Has the weather brought you the blahs, as well? I find that my temper and all around mental disposition has been rather erratic, of late, depending on the position of the sun. Some days are just overcast and cold all day, and some days (most, actually) have been bright and warm as a lamb! It really has been a lovely respite of March's usual dreariness.
I have been bitten by the garden bug, yet again. I find myself longing for tulips and daffodils, just something sweet and green and alive. So I have started my own rooftop garden. I have it all planned out.
For the Spring:
tulips, daffodils, lilly of the valley, and chives.
For the Summer:
violets, alyssum, hydranga, daisies, and tomatoes.
For the Fall:
mums, basil, thyme, mint, sun flowers, and sage.
Some of my little seedlings have been planted and placed up high, away from curious kitten paws. When it gets warmer, I'll bring them outside. I hope they work out!

My moods haven't been the only things erratic, of late. My reading habits have been all over the place. Mostly YA, which I'm not feeling. But my book group is reading Hunger Games - certainly a book for which I can get excited!

On the domestic front, I FINALLY FINISHED MY BLANKET!!!!!

Check it out!


Modeled by my wonderful husband:



Now I've casted on another blanket. This one, I think, I'll keep for me and the Ginge. It's in a ripple pattern, which you can kind of see from this photo. (Forgive the low-rez nastiness. I took it before I dashed out the door for work at 6:00 this morning.)

And that's not the only domestile goddessy type things I've been doing! Due to my severe cravings for peanut butter, of late, I decided to have a go at making my own.
Viola!



And, of course, the aftermath of my creativity:




It actually tastes pretty good!

That's the news on the domestic front. Besides that, there hasn't been a whole lot happening. Just throwing off winter's blues and recovering from an ear infection. I can't wait to dance into Spring fully! It won't be long, now!

1 comment: