Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Fanfic?

Good, grand, Wednesday morning!
How are you?
I was a bit muzzy this morning, but with my trusty cuppa coffee by my elbow, I feel once more confident in taking on the world.

Lots of happenings in our corner of the world. Well, lots of action, but in slow-mo. (Like Gothic novels!)
The Ginge and I are officially enrolled for our Fall semesters at our respective colleges. We are both taking full-time course loads and we will both be working full-time. Can you say busy?! I'm just ready to start and get into it. The waiting, wondering, and trying to figure out how my schedule will shake out in the future is killing me! (Not really, but you know...)

Also, in preparation for what will surely be a heavily written semester, I am flexing my writing muscles. I'm trying to write poems and maybe even a fanfic or two to get back into the swing of things, since I will be an English writing major. I find it hard to get past the stigma of "fanfiction," though. No matter how well-written, I feel like it will always be a genre regarded as crude and amateur. But, if I'm going to fully explore, I guess this is one arena I should at least try.

As for the home life, it continues peacefully onward. My blanket that I'm crocheting could be done at any time. I'm going to keep going at it, though, to see just how long I can get it before I run out of yarn.
Oh! And I found out that my little sister was part of the Water Night virtual choir. She's sixth row up, on the far left side. Even though you can't really see her, it's a beautiful piece! Check it out here!

1 comment:

  1. I like the blog redesign. It is on my to do list. you should totally write some fanfiction...like what should have happened at the end of Mockingjay.

    ReplyDelete