Tuesday, July 31, 2012

A Vertiable Feast for under $50

Hello again, all ye in foodie and fitness blogland!

This weekend I put my budget to the test and bought my groceries for the week.  (I might have to stretch the purse-strings a bit for some more fresh fruit mid-week.  We shall see.)  How did it go?  Honestly, not too horribly. After walking around Kroger the other day, just writing down prices of the items on my list (that got me some pretty interesting looks, but not as interesting as the guy who was browsing the lettuce with - I kid you not - an iguana under his arm), I decided on Aldi for the not-right-away perishable items and Kroger for the fresh stuff.
From Aldi
From Kroger
I ended up spending $35.11 at Kroger and $14.15 at Aldi.  That totals up to 49.26 altogether.  Whoooo!  Go me!  I even got laundry soap and toilet paper!  The one thing I forgot: cat food.  Oh well, I can scrape together some change from under to bed to get that.  Our cats are pretty cheap eaters.

This all came after an all day orientation to Eureka College, which I will be starting in the fall.  I can honestly say that I am so, so, SO excited I can't wait to start in August!  That being said, though, I am exhausted.




No comments:

Post a Comment