Friday, August 10, 2012

Turning of the Season

Hello, Bloggy friends!
How has the weather been for you, of late?  We seem to be experiencing an early fall.  Really, though, spring came early this year, and our summer was dry and hot, so fall coming early is somewhat of a relief.  As long as it lingers and we don't have an early and prolonged winter, that is.
Fall is a good time for reflection.  The harvests are coming in, the earth is rolling up its carpets and battening down for winter.  Naturally, humans kind of instinctively do the same thing.  We slow down, stock up, and find ourselves reflecting upon the past year a lot more (well, I do, at least; I guess I can't speak for the entire human population).

Fall is coming in. You can feel the seasons are starting to change. The mornings have begun to be chillier and the days are windy. My body is beginning its hibernation cycles - it craves sleep constantly. I'm moving more slowly (definitely a coming winter thing) in my day-to-day tasks.  You can even taste the edges of Autumn on the breeze.  It's not quite there, yet, but it's most certainly on its way.  You can feel the stirring excitement of the change of season in the trees and the air.
As every year, I'm excited for Autumn, but a little saddened by the Summer's departure.  I guess that's just the way the seasons turn.

~

What's your favourite season?  Was your summer dry?

No comments:

Post a Comment