Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Living the Good Life


 

     Are you living up to your true potential?  If you could do anything in the world, what would it be?  If you had no restrictions about what would earn or spend money, if you didn't have to worry about job retention, if you didn't care what family members and friends thought, what would you do?  What would make you happy?
     I've been sitting down with some big career questions like this lately.  I think the main thing is that I've just reached a point in my life and in my career where enough is enough.  I know I'm not where I should be and I know I'm not doing what I need to be doing with my life.  I believe we all have control over our own lives, but that we each have a destiny.  We came here for a reason, in some way to further the human race or agenda or to bring about the Divine Plan.  I think we all knew what this mission was before coming to this world, when we were just disembodied souls waiting to be sent to our bodies with a loving pat on the back and a reassuring smile from the Great One.  The hardest part of this life is the struggle of trying to remember why we're here.  When we're doing what we came here to do, we come closer to the Divine and we are inimitably happy.
     We all seem to walk around with this idea clouding up our minds that there is only a finite amount of happiness available in the world, and if we take too much, we're skimping someone else.  This couldn't be further from the truth.  The truth is that the more happiness you take, the more you create!  You manifest the happiness you need which always ends up spilling over into other areas of your life.  Notice that when you focus on what a good day you're having it seems to get even better?  When you put in a request for joy with the Universe, it's not just going to give you a little, it's going to give you A LOT.  As much as you can handle.  As long as that's as much as you accept.  Like any gift, it can only give you what you accept.  So if you accept all the joy and happiness and satisfaction in the world, guess what: you're going to have more than enough to go around.  Thing is, same goes for sadness.  If you accept all the disappointment and stress and sadness that you think you deserve, you're just manifesting it for yourself tenfold.
     Where I need to be is at home.  I have felt the pull of home and family for some time, and the pull is getting stronger and stronger with each passing day.  I feel like I'm just wasting my time doing anything.  When I get home, I'm so exhausted from working all day that I fall asleep as soon as I sit down.  This is a major problem because then I can't do the things around the home that I need to do and I have no time to do the things I want to do.  I have little or no time to do the things that make my life feel fulfilled and happy.  I'm trying to manifest this happiness for myself, but without being in alignment with my mission it's going to be a losing battle.




     So what am I going to do about it?  I have a little five year plan going.  I know (or think I'm getting an inkling about) the thing(s) that I came here to do.  I know it because every time I sit down to write, every time I counsel someone, every time I sit down and have tea and a chat, every time I do something nurturing I feel right, whole, complete, serene, where I should be.  With every other path I've taken (we're talking career-wise, here) I have felt apathetic, lethargic, depressed, hopeless, useless, not-good-enough, tired, stressed, stretched-too-thin.  This is a clear sign to me of what I need to be doing.  It's like the Universe tugging my sleeve saying "Try this, try this!  See how good it feels?  Now look as that.  Ick, you don't want to feel that, do you?  Try this, again!  Isn't this wonderful?  Doesn't this feel so right?"
     Next few years will be a lot of work and soul-searching, but I cannot wait!

     What does your five-year plan look like?  What's your dream job?  What's keeping you from going after it, or how did you muster up the courage to go for it if you already have your dream job?

~Namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment