Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Graaaaa-nooo-laaaa

It's time for...
GRAAAAA-NOOOOO-LAAAAAA! (Like Ricola, but better!)

This is my mum's recipe, sans tasty little side-bits like walnuts, shredded coconut, and sunflower seeds.  I did not have these things on hand, but I don't think it hurt the recipe at all.  I also substituted olive oil for canola/vegetable oil.
Ingredients: vanilla, honey, whatever dried fruit you desire (my favs right now are raisins and cherries), cinnamon, peanuts, oaty-oaty-oat-oats, and olive oil

Combine all the dry ingredients in one bowl

Combine all the wet ingredients in a separate bowl

Mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients (always wet into dry!)

Bake on a pan for.. oh idk... about an hour, I think... at 325-375 (just watch it to make sure it doesn't burn.  I let mine sit in there for over an hour) Then lay it out on some paper towels to dry out a bit (won't be sticky or anything, just slightly moist).  I asked my mum about this method later, and she said she just lets it cool in the pan for a few minutes, then scoops it directly into a tupperware tub, so all methods are ok. 

And viola!  Delicious homemade granola!  SUPER tasty with almond or soy milk.  This recipe can also be molded into granola bars if you so wish. 

No comments:

Post a Comment