Monday, July 16, 2012

Seeing the Light at the End of a very long hallway

Good Monday, bloggy friends.
It's good to be back.  I had to take a bit of a break last week because I was feeling so puny.  It really snuck up on me, too.  Monday I had a tickle, which got stronger on Tuesday.  Wednesday I was fine until the afternoon when I suddenly lost my voice.  Thursday and Friday I felt like death.  Saturday I felt horrible, but was starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel.  It helped that I slept pretty much all of Saturday and Sunday.  Seriously.  Went to bed on Friday at, like 7:30, slept till noon.  On Saturday I took several long naps.  On Sunday I slept till around 10AM and took naps, as well.  I was lazy.  But, as a result, I'm starting to feel better.  I still have a lingering cough, but last night I was able to sleep without being totally drugged up on Nyquill!  I think it's just a headcold brought on by the sudden change in air pressure, when it went from being ungodly hot to moderate to ungodly hot, again.

As part of my sick-bed entertainment, I bought a load of new cotton yarn and have begun making another ripple blanket.  Yay!  This one shall be for my little sister.  It's in bright blue, orange, and white - Portal colours! I'm trying to blaze through it so I can give it to her as a dorm-warming present.  Her move-in day is in about a month. I figure if I do about four or five stripes a day (night) maybe more on the weekend, I could get it done in time.

Speaking of my sister and her creative awesomeness, we have started something that we've been talking about doing for years.  Ever since we both discovered our latent talents as very young children.  We are... wait for it... collaborating on... drum roll.... A CHILDREN'S BOOK!  Ok, maybe it sounds way more exciting to me, but I think it's still kind of a big deal.  We're hoping to get it published and everything. (If nothing else we'll self publish until we can get a professional press to pick it up.)
On top of that we're also hoping to start working on a webcomic.  I'll do story and character and she can illustrate.

Also accomplished this week:  I finally sucked it up, went, and bought the laptop I've been drooling over for months, now.  I've scrimped and saved, and it's all paid off!  I am the proud owner of a brand new Asus laptop.  I am SO ready for Fall semester, now!


How have you been this last week?  Have you caught the head-cold that's been going around?

No comments:

Post a Comment