Thursday, August 2, 2012

No-poo for a week

So, I feel hypocritcal about this, but I wasn't able to go even a week without washing my hair with shampoo. The first day was much better than I thought.  My hair felt fantastic, and looked great, too!
The second day looked and felt great, but I might not have washed all the apple cider vinegar out of my hair adequately because I kept getting whiffs of vinegar all day.  It made me a bit self conscious.  So the next day I made sure to wear patchouli at my hair line at the nape of my neck to differ any vinegar scent.  But, despite the fact that I smelled fantastic, I was still self conscious about my hair.  I kept looking in the mirror so make sure it didn't look greasy.  It just didn't feel quite right.
Today, there were no two ways about it.  It felt wrong.  Not dirty or greasy per se, but not altogether clean. It got a bit stringy near the middles and ends.  I caught myself dreaming of scrubbing luxurious bubbles through my hair all day.  *sigh*  I'm afraid I'm just too stuck in my clean-freaky ways.


No comments:

Post a Comment