Monday, September 30, 2013

5-Day Raw Challenge: Day One

Day one started out well:


For breakfast: two bananas and two pears, washed down with some Tazo Zen tea and a glass of water (forgive me, I forgot to take a picture)

For a snack, I nibbled on almonds and dried apricot pieces (yum! My favourite!)



For lunch I had packed two tubs of pineapple (cut up fresh last night!) and two apples.  In reality, I was able to only eat one tub of pineapple, one apple, and a few nibbles of almonds.









For dinner I lapped up a potato and some broccoli, lightly steamed.  And for dessert...this beautiful little creation:

Isn't it lovely!  Fudge balls.  Dates, almonds, and cocoa.  Oh.  Em.  Gee.  Amazing.




All in all, it's been a very good day!  I've felt energized and serene the whole day through.  One of the perks I was really hoping to see by eating this way is the high level of sustained energy that raw people are always talking about.  That and a rosy, clear complexion.  We'll see what tomorrow brings.  I'm expecting more of the same!

No comments:

Post a Comment