Monday, October 7, 2013

Raw Challenge - COMPLETE

*Huge sigh of relief*
Whoo!  I made it!  For Friday night I celebrated with a Corona and some Mexican food with my hubbles.  We went to a nearby Mexican restaurant.  Then continued on to a friend's house for some Red's Apple Ale.  I gotta say, probably the thing I missed the most were my beverages: almond milk in my black tea and alcohol.

Things I learned
I did learn some things about my body on this challenge, though.  I had never gone so long completely raw before, so it was a bit of an eye-opener.  I learned that my digestive tract is way loosey-goosey when raw.  It's happy, don't get me wrong, but it's just very... efficient.  I'm pretty sure I also lost a lot of excess water weight, which was fantastic.  I had been feeling a bit bloated beforehand.  Not while raw, that's for sure!

Conclusion
I think I can successfully incorporate some of the raw habits without feeling deprived.  Maybe one or two raw meals a day.  It's just when I go overboard on the bread (more than one meal with bread in it) or refined/fast foods (more than one day a week eating fast food) that I start hurting and noticing the bloat.

The lesson here, boys and girls: in everything, moderation.

No comments:

Post a Comment